St. Peter’s Catholic Primary School has an agreed Policy for admitting new children to join our family. These policies are followed very precisely so that we can ensure that everyone has a fair chance of getting a place in our school. Please find our Admissions Policies for different academic years in the links below:
St. Peter’s is in the Catholic Parish of Leamington Spa. Within this Parish, there are 4 Catholic Primary Schools; each with their own clearly defined ‘Priority area’ (also known as a ‘catchment area’). If you live within the St. Peter’s Priority Area, your child will have an increased chance of being admitted to the school.
Warwickshire Admissions Service
If you would like to find out more about infant, junior and primary school admissions, please visit the Local Authority’s website by clicking on the link below:
Timetable for 2018 entry:
|From August 2017||Information booklets posted to parents of children due to start school in September|
|From August 2017||Information booklets sent to children due to transfer to Junior school in September (children in year 2 in Warwickshire Infant schools)|
|15th January 2018||Closing date for on-time applications (5pm deadline)|
|26th February 2018||Final date for families moving into the area. (Proof of address must be provided by this date)|
|14th April 2018||Offer letters sent out 2nd class to Warwickshire residents|
|16th April 2017||National Offer day|
- Parents must apply for a school place through their Local Authority (the county where you live).
- Parents may apply for a place at any preferred school.
- Non-Warwickshire schools can be listed on the Warwickshire application form.
- If you live within a school’s priority area you have more chance of your child being offered a place at that school.
- Living within the priority area does not guarantee an offer of a place at that school as there may be more applicants living within the priority area than the number of places available.
- Warwickshire residents are encouraged to apply online, otherwise call the admissions office.
- The Headteacher can tell you about the admission arrangements and the opportunities to visit the school.
- Places are offered according to the admissions criteria. Late applications will be considered after all those received on-time.